Expressive Vocabulary Test—Second Edition (EVT™–2)
A measure of expressive vocabulary and word retrieval for Standard American English
Ages / Grades:
2:6 to 90+ years
10 - 20 minutes
Scores / Interpretation:
Age- and Grade-Based Standard Scores
Normal Curve Equivalents (NCEs)
Age and Grade Equivalents
Growth Scale Value (GSV)
See the Telepractice tab for tips on using this test in your telepractice.
Q-global™ ONLINE SCORING AND REPORTING:
Please note: Q-global reports may take up to two business days before appearing in your inventory.
Q-GLOBAL™ ONLINE SCORING AND REPORTING*
EVT™–2: Q-global Digital Examiner's Manual
EVT™-2: Form B Digital Stimulus Book on Q-global
EVT™–2: Form A Q-global Digital Stimulus Book
EVT™–2: Q-global Individual Score Summary Report
ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATION MATERIALS
EVT™–2: Record Form B
Pkg of 25
EVT™–2: Record Form A
Pkg of 25
Special recommendations for administering EVT-2 via telepractice
Professionals should address five themes (Eichstadt et al. 2013) when planning for administering EVT™-2 assessments via telepractice.
1. Audio/visual environment
- Make sure the full face of the examiner and the examinee is in view during the administration
- A headset with a boom mic for the examiner and the examinee is highly recommended for every EVT-2 assessment via telepractice
- Test the audio either through the examinee's speakers or headset and ensure a high-quality audio presentation, whether live or recorded stimulus prompts
2. Examiner factors
- Practice starting and completing an EVT-2 assessment before you begin with an examinee
- Make a clinical judgment, similar to a face-to-face session, whether or not you are able to gather the child's best performance. Report your clinical decision(s) in your report and comment on the factors that led to this decision and your reporting or lack of reporting of the scores
3. Examinee factors
- There may be select administrations where an examinee headset is not appropriate or feasible. For this instance, make sure you have a web camera with an embedded microphone or a stand-alone microphone with the volume turned up to a comfortable loudness level
4. Test/test materials
- Make sure you have only one (1) image of the stimulus pictures showing to the examinee at any time
- Go to "full screen" with the stimulus pictures to eliminate distractions on the desktop/video window within the telepractice environment for the examinee
None at this time
Selected research to date
Studies supporting the equivalency of test scores when picture stimuli are displayed to the examinee in a printed manual versus a digital display on a computer screen (in-person administration):
Daniel, M. H. (2012a). Equivalence of Q-interactive administered cognitive tasks: WAIS–IV. Q-interactive Technical Report 1. Bloomington, MN: Pearson.
Daniel, M. H. (2012b). Equivalence of Q-interactive administered cognitive tasks: WISC–IV. Q-interactive Technical Report 2. Bloomington, MN: Pearson.
Studies addressing the use of EVT-2 via telepractice:
Eichstadt, T. J., Castilleja, N., Jakubowitz, M., & Wallace, A. (2013, November). Standardized assessment via telepractice: qualitative review and survey data. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Chicago, IL.
Note: Further research may be added over time.
Provided that you have thoroughly considered and addressed all five themes identified in a telepractice administration (Eichstadt, et al. 2013) and the special considerations as listed above, there is little reason, based on the above research, that you should have concerns about the reliable and valid delivery of the EVT-2 test via telepractice as well as the use of the normative data. Document in your report that the administration was completed by telepractice. You may use the EVT-2 via telepractice without additional permission from Pearson in the following published contexts:
- EVT-2 Digital Stimulus books (Forms A and B) on Q-global®
Any other use of the EVT-2 via telepractice requires prior permission from Pearson. This includes, but is not limited to, scanning the paper stimulus books, digitizing the paper record forms, holding the materials physically up in the camera's viewing area, or uploading a manual on to a shared drive or site.
Speak to a Pearson Assessment Consultant
To provide you with the best possible service and to support your assessment strategy, we have aligned our qualified and knowledgeable Assessment Consultants to meet your needs in your professional area of practice.