System Requirements for PsychCorpCenter-based Scoring Software
The PsychCorp Assessment Center is designed using Internet standards to have the least client system requirements possible. Due to its interactive nature, the Assessment Center requires the following:
- Netscape Navigator version 4.7 or later or Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or later
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption supported
- Adobe Acrobat Viewer installed. All test reports, manuals, and sample reports are in PDF format. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Viewer you can download it free of charge by using the link below:
Additional Requirements to Take Timed Tests
Note: Timed tests are administered with a Java applet and are not supported on Macintosh.
A Java Virtual Machine (JVM) must be installed. If it is not you can download it:
- For Internet Explorer on Windows
Download the Microsoft JVM
Choose to save the file to your computer (download), then double-click the file saved and follow the instructions.
- For Other Browsers and Operating Systems
Download the Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
Select your operating system and follow the instructions.
Java must be enabled. To verify that it is:
- In Internet Explorer
In the menu, under Tools >> Internet Options, click the Security tab and the Custom Level button. Scroll down to the Microsoft VM / Java Permissions section and make sure the Disable Java option is not checked.
- In Netscape Navigator
In the menu, under Edit >> Preferences click Advanced and make sure the Enable Java checkbox is checked.
Screen resolution must be set to a minimum of 800 x 600.
Verify that your system meets the Assessment Center system requirements.