- at -
This is the second in a series of webinars focused on the subject of ADHD. Previously we presented the new criteria for a diagnosis based on DSM-V. We examined the prevalence, the severity and co-morbidity of ADHD, and the trajectory of ADHD over a lifetime. Now we will take a closer look at the treatment of ADHD, specifically the behavior management of children with the disorder. We discuss the following questions:
• What do they need to help them succeed?
• What are the behavioral treatments and school based interventions?
• How can assessments be used to guide these efforts?
• What are the findings of meta-analyses on behavioral treatment? Does it work?
• What can be done in the classroom to help them learn?
Lastly we will also look at rating scales, task oriented tools to assess attention and programs to boost working memory and monitor progress.